Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 42

Thread: So Dead Around Here

  1. #31
    Inactive Member Yuy Ren's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2003
    Posts
    63
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    wow.. that took me like an hour to read. soo long, but oh so very interesting.
    Reikou, if you do post more stuff on the topic (an please do) when you study it in class, i'll be sure to read it.

    I do think we're oversimplifying it. I think this has gone beyond a point of talking about sexuality... when you think about it... we always say that so and so has this kind of personality because they grew up in such and such environment, why should it be any different for sexuality?

    hmm... brain food. =D

    I agree, i LOVE this community, ppl at S-C are soo cool >.<;;

  2. #32
    Inactive Member ShinobiSquirrel's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 3rd, 2004
    Posts
    42
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Putting aside the whole politics thing... because I hate getting into arguments...

    I read in some magazine someplace that the gays are just being who they believe god made them to be. Honestly, who cares if you're gay? If you don't tell anyone, no one knows. And if no one knows, no one cares. I mean, if you start to get... uh... how to say... romantic in a restaurant or some public place, people will care(at least, those anti-gay people) but other than that...

    The thing I said about people. Yes, they can. Humans are completely two-sided. We can be nice people. Or we can be baaaaaddddddd people. And then there are those in-the-middle people/leaning but not quite people.

    Uh... no more... to say...?

  3. #33
    Inactive Member Reikou Hitakana's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 10th, 2003
    Posts
    233
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Just a note, not telling ppl makes it REALLY hard on you. I can tell from experience that it sucks having to hide who you are.

    -Reikou

  4. #34
    Inactive Member Ayska's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 9th, 2004
    Posts
    84
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    *pats and snuggles Reikou-kun* you shouldn't have to hide yourself hun. You're allowed to be happy and be who you really are at the same time^^ *chu*

  5. #35
    Inactive Member yukawai's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 11th, 2002
    Posts
    441
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    as a reply to Reikou's last comment...
    warning: incoherent babbling

    I told my sis one year ago that I was bi, simply because I had prob with my girlfriend I wanted her advice on and so I couldn't talk about it without telling her. Sis and I are very close (love her).

    Problem is, when later I told her I wasn't sure about weither or not telling the parents, she just sigh and told me angrily " just WHY do you have to say it? Nobody cares! You just don't have to say it, I don't know what's the deal with telling your family!"

    There is a deal. The deal is I ended up not telling them. They still don't know. And my parents are the kind that around a certain age they nag you day and night about having a boyriend because you 'should try it' , and then bro came in with his very evil girlfriend and everytime I complained on her (making a mess in the kitchen and not cleaning anything, bro and her having sex with their door open when the parents were away - not caring if the other children were there or not .. ugh) the parents always just smiled in the "oh the cute thing have no idea what she is talking about" and said that 'when you'll find someone you love you will do the same thing and understand him'. 'Well I have and no I'm not!' I couldn't tell them.

    Result is since I could not tell them I in fact -had- someone I loved, I was frustrated and couldn't show it. Also, everytime I wanted to go out with her or something I couldn't tell them and lied. Same about almost everything. I'm cool about lying to my parents about having done my homework that day or something but I don't know, one year of casual lying worked me hard. It sucks, royaly so. It also sucks that if I have a problem and sis isn't available I have no one I can turn to. It sucks that your parents are certains you are that way and expect you to act accordingly while you know you aren't at all.

    Hearing mother talk about how sad she was I couldn't find a boyfriend was hard. I hate lying and it hurts when mother tells me how glad she is I'm not hiding anything of me from her (unlike a brother of mine). I used to think she'll cry if I ever tell her.

    In conclusion, I think it is important you do say it if you feel you want to. Depends on everyone I guess.

    On a side note, I'm more agnostic than atheist. Atheism includes you deny God or gods 's existance. I more of don't care. 'Maybe there is some kind of force, maybe there isn't, and I don't give a damn'. But I'm not certain of the exact differences between the two terms as everyone and every book seems to have its own description of what the terms means.

    Stupid thought when reading someone's comment: if everyone was blind, sooner or later in bed they'd figure out what sex the other party is without much difficulty ^__~

  6. #36
    Inactive Member Lady Elanor's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 17th, 2003
    Posts
    340
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    @Yue: Do you really think it would be so bad to tell them?
    I mean, they are your parents! And I think they should learn to think in new ways 'cause one day they will find out it for sure.
    Maybe it's hard to confront them with the truth but I see it as necessary. I could never live with a lie even if everybody thinks sinful or filthy about me.
    And I really cannot imagine that they would no longer love you.

    <font color="#660033" size="1">[ October 24, 2004 07:00 AM: Message edited by: Lady Elanor ]</font>

  7. #37
    Inactive Member Reikou Hitakana's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 10th, 2003
    Posts
    233
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yep, Yue hit it right on the head pretty much. And Carole, it's not easy to tell anyone. Regardless of their relation to you, it's hard. It's really damn hard. It shouldn't be, but it is. Took me god knows how long and I knew my parents would prolly be ok with it. Even then I took forever. Who knows how open yue's parents would be. Anyway, this thread owns [img]tongue.gif[/img]

    -Reikou

  8. #38
    Inactive Member tenjou_sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 2002
    Posts
    614
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    And Carole, it's not easy to tell anyone. Regardless of their relation to you, it's hard.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">o_O think you meant to say someone else, but anyways....

    I actually got into a big discussion about this in my religions class, and some people said they waited until they actually moved out of their parents home to tell them the truth. They said they already knew they were gay when they were back in highschool, but they felt their parents would brush it off and say that because they were young they were just confused or something.

    As for telling friends, my take on it is that if some person is willing to cut you out of their life based on who you are attracted to, rather than based on the type person you are...eh...

    And i think it's easy for people to say "Don't hide who you are." "Just be you.." etc etc when they're not the ones who are faced with the issue, because they're not the one who will be facing the consequences. I can't even imagine having to tell my parents if I was gay or bi. Yeah they're my faimly, my blood, but they're human too. And as human's we're rather imperfect ^.^

  9. #39
    Inactive Member Reikou Hitakana's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 10th, 2003
    Posts
    233
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Bah, I'm stupid about names apparently x.x;

    -Reikou

  10. #40
    Inactive Member Yuy Ren's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2003
    Posts
    63
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    yeah.. that's a good point...I'd tell other people to just be who they are, but if i were in the situation... i have NO idea what i would do... actually, given the fact that i'm a chicken and like the easy way out.. i think i'll just never tell them -_- (thought heaven forbid you to follow my example [img]tongue.gif[/img] )

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •